TAXI TO ASIA
Follow the driver
Taxi drivers are probably the first people you meet upon setting foot in a new country, but they are also the most colorful and clued-in characters.
TAXI TO ASIA is the first travelogue to tap the lively personalities of these informal ambassadors with their personal treasure trove of tested tips and tricks to get around Asia's most dynamic destinations.
But cabbies are also representative of a city's working class, and following them allows us to better understand the common man’s pains and hopes. They show us that living in a big bustling city isn't always a bed of roses and give us a reality check on how people live today in Asia.
- INDIGENOUS CULTURE VS GOING COSMOPOLITAN (SINGAPORE VS SHANGHAI)
- HARD LIFE VS HIGH LIFE (MANILA VS MACAU)
- MIDNIGHT COWBOYS (HO CHI MINH VS TOKYO)
- HERITAGE CABS (JAKARTA VS KOLKATA)
- THE UNEXPLAINED “RELIGION” (HONG KONG VS BANGKOK)
- MIGRANT STORIES (MELBOURNE VS OSAKA)
- A THREE WHEELER’S MAN (DHAKA VS MALACCA)
- DRIVER WITH A MESSAGE (SEOUL VS TAIPEI)
- WOMEN POWER (MUMBAI VS HANOI)
- RIDE WITH A DIFFERENT VIEW (NEPAL VS MYANMAR)